I've been busy this week with other stuff, so I didn't spend much time on our movie. However, I made a simple change that, in my opinion, made a huge impact on our Jedi Temple model.
Here are before-and-after pictures of our Jedi Temple model:
While looking at reference pictures of the Jedi Temple from multiple "Star Wars" sources (i.e. "Star Wars: The Old Republic" game, "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" game, and the movies), I realized that ALL of the statues in and around the Jedi Temple are of Jedi wearing their hoods and robes:
So I decided to change the statue outside our Jedi Temple model from a statue I stole from the Galactic Senate model:
...to a Jedi statue (which I had to create).
In the following pictures, you can see the bottom of one of those Galactic Senate statues (from above) in our old Jedi Temple model (1st picture, below), compared to our new Jedi statue (2nd picture, below):
(Yes, those are the same pictures as above -- I'm just adding them again so you don't have to scroll back up to see them.)
Since I don't know how to use 3ds very well, I had to kitbash the Jedi statue together by combining Darth Maul's head (minus horns) with a Handmaiden's hood with a Tusken Raider's body:
...then I added a lightsaber and re-texture-mapped everything to look like stone:
Voila! Jedi statue! :D
I'm going to be out of town next week, so there won't be another blog update for at least 2 weeks. Sorry. :(