10/9/09

New cargo box and Jedi landing platform antenna

We always need set dressing to give our digital sets the "used universe" look that defines "Star Wars," so I created another cargo box based on a reference picture from "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" game.

Here's a picture of our new cargo box, along with the reference picture from "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed"

Obviously the cargo boxes aren't exactly the same, but that's because I don't know how to use 3ds very well so my modeling skills suck. This is the best I could do right now. Maybe in the future I'll improve it.

I also created an antenna for the Jedi Temple landing platform, based on a reference picture from "Star Wars: Movie Battles II." Here are before-and-after pictures of Scene C116e:


And here's the reference picture from "Star Wars: Movie Battles II"

As you can see, this model is much more accurate than my cargo box, but only because it's made of simpler shapes.

We're shooting live footage tomorrow and I can't wait! The next blog post should have some great pictures!

Later,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment