5/27/12

Improved Coruscant Spaceport





Great... Google changed their interface, so now my text formatting is screwed up and I can't figure out how to display the pictures side-by-side anymore.  What a pain...

Anyway, after consolidating most of the scenes at the Coruscant Spaceport into a single 3ds file, I improved some texture maps to make the model look more realistic.


Here's a before-and-after comparison of Scene B102b when the Jedi Fighter lands at the Coruscant Spaceport:


Admittedly, the changes are minor -- I made the buildings shinier and I made those crane things (immediately below the Jedi Starfighter, and also in the background on the bottom-left third of the screen) rusty.  Small improvements, but I still think they make the scene look more realistic.

Here's another before-and-after comparison, with a more obvious change:

I hid the Jedi Starfighter in the "after" picture, just so that I could see the ground and background more clearly.  Aside from that temporary change:
  • I changed the ground to look more realistic.
  • I removed that concept Jedi Starfighter from the background -- it seemed like it made the scene too busy.
  • I replaced some of the boxes with more detailed and realistic-looking boxes.
  • I changed the background sky image from the smoking Jedi Temple (which wasn't tall enough to fill the screen) to the new Coruscant skyline.

There will undoubtedly be more improvements in the future, but that's it for now.

Later,
Bob




No comments:

Post a Comment